PHẦN IV. ÔN TẬP GIỚI TỪ
THE 1 ST SEMESTER TEST
I.Chọn một từ mà phần gạch chân có cách phát âm khác với những từ còn lại:(1.5 điểm)
1. a. may b. car c. day d. stay
2. a. advice b. age c. above d. affect
3. a. dry b. sunny c. rainy d. daily
4. a. heal b. head c. mean d. meal
5. a. big b. mild c. winter d. spring
II. Chọn một đáp án thích hợp để điền vào chỗ trống trong đoạn văn sau:(3 điểm)
Hobbies are (1) _______ for many reasons. First, a hobby can be (2) _______. For example, if the hobby is stamp (3) _______ , the collector can learn about the countries of the world and even some of their history. Second, engaging (4) _______ the hobby can lead to meeting people with the same (5) _______ . Third, a person‟s free time is (6) _______ used in a positive way. The person has (7) _______ time to be (8) _______ . Finally, some hobbies can lead to a future job. A person (9) _______ enjoys a hobby – related job is more (10) _______ with life.
1. a. important b. importance c. importantly d. to import 2. a. education b. educational c. educate d. educationist
3. a. getting b. achieving c. earning d. collecting
4. a. in b. of c. to d. on
5. a. interests b. interested c. interesting d. interestingly
6. a. be b. being c. was d. been
7. a. many b. so c. no d. a large number of
8. a. bore b. bored c. boring d. boringly
9. a. whom b. whose c. which d. who
10. a. satisfy b. satisfaction c. satisfied d. satisfactory III. Chọn một đáp án thích hợp nhất để hoàn thành các câu sau:(3 điểm)
1. She is considering ………… to England.
a. went to b. going c. go d. to go
2. His arm ……… when he was playing badminton.
a. was breaking b. broke c. breaking d. broken
3. My father wanted me …………. an actor.
a. to become b. become c. becoming d. became
4. I am too tired ……… anything.
a. for doing b. do c. done d. to do
5. He ……….. to England 10 minutes ago.
a. fly b. flying c. flew d. flown
6. He admitted ………. that vase.
a. broke b. breaking c. to break d. for breaking
7. They ………. dinner when I came.
a. was having b. having c. were having d. had
8. He apologized me ………… my pencil.
a. lose b. for lose c. on losing d. for losing
9. She …………. to the radio at 9 p.m. last night.
a. listening b. was listening c. listen d. listened
10. The customers insisted ………. the manager.
a. in seeing b. of seeing c. on seeing d. at seeing
IV. Chuyển các câu sau sang câu gián tiếp: (2,0 điểm)
1. “I‟m sorry I have lost my new bike this morning,” the boy said to his parents.
2. “You didn‟t do what I had instructed yesterday,” the instructor said.
3. “All right. I will tell you the truth now,” James said.
4. “Don‟t forget to do your homework tonight,” the teacher said to her students.
V. Tìm và sửa lỗi sai trong các câu sau(0.5 điểm):
1. My elder sister is taller and thiner than I am.
a b c d
2. She cannot speak Germany very good at the moment.
a b c d
SỞ GD-ĐT …………
TRƯỜNG THPT ………
ĐỀ THI HỌC KỲ I NĂM HỌC 2011 - 2012 MÔN TIẾNG ANH KHỐI 11
Thời gian: 45 phút
I. Pick out the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from that of the others.
1. A. decrease B. eradicate C. celebrate D. expand
2. A. mine B. limit C. activity D. spirit
3. A. kumquat B. lucky C. stimulate D. plum
4. A. parade B. marathon C. maximum D. annual
5. A. represent B. remote C. dress D. general
II. Choose the most suitable word or phrase (A, B, C or D) to complete each sentence.
6. A number of safe and inexpensive birth control are provided to reduce the overpopulation in many countries.
A. methods B. types C. ways D. sorts
7. There is a(n) of 30 kilometres per hour for driving through this town.
A. level B. limit C. rate D. control
8. if Tom us, the work will only take half an hour to finish.
A. will help B. helped C. is helping D. helps
9. If Jack refuses to help ,we manage without him.
A. have to B. will have to C. had to D. are having to 10. If she _________ so shy , she would enjoy parties.
A. isn't B. not be C. weren't D. wouldn't be
11. If he took more exercise , he _______ healthier.
A. must be B. was C. is D. would be
12. My teacher told me if I ________ harder I would have passed the exams easily.
A. would learn B. learnt C. had learnt D. have learnt 13. He told me that if he ________ overtime he would earn as much as I did.
A. worked B. works C. is working D. would worked
14. At Tet holidays, people in the North of Vietnam often ________ their houses with peach flowers.
A. decorated B. decorate C. decorates D. decorating 15. If ____________ hard at school , I would have got a good job.
A. worked B. was working C. had worked D. might work 16. Australia Day, which is a national public holiday, ________ on January 26th.
A. will be celebrated B. celebrated
C. is celebrated D. is celebrating
17. Peach blossom is ________ at Tet in the North of Vietnam.
A. traditional B. tradition
C. traditioning C. traditionalsm
18. The most _________ food of Tet is banh chung (square sticky rice cake).
A. tradition B. necessary C. importance D. special 19. Before Tet, my mother is always busy _______ the traditional foods.
A. cook B. cooked C. cooking D. to cook
20. ________ in the class did their homework so the teacher was angry.
A. No one B. Anyone C. Everyone D. All
III. Read the passage below and choose one correct answer for each question
Chinese New Year or Spring Festival or the Lunar New Year is the most important of the traditional Chinese holidays. It is an important holiday in East Asia. The festival proper begins on the first day of the first lunar month in the Chinese calendar and ends on the 15th; this day is called the Lantern festival.
Chinese New Year's Eve is known as Chúxì. Chu literally means "change" and xi means "Eve".
Celebrated in areas with large populations of ethnic Chinese, Chinese' New Year is considered a major holiday for the Chinese and has had a strong influence on the New Year celebrations of its neighbours. These include Koreans, Mongolians, Nepalese, Bhutanese, Vietnamese, and formerly the Japanese before 1873.
In Singapore, Malaysia, Philippines, Thailand, and other countries with significant Chinese populations, Chinese New Year is also celebrated, largely by overseas Chinese, but it is not part of the traditional culture of these countries. In Thailand, for example, the true New Year celebration of the ethnic Thais is Songkran, which is totally different and is celebrated in April.
21. Lantem festival in Chinese New Year falls on of the first lunar month.
A. the first day B. the second day
C. the fifth day D. the fifteenth day
22. What does the word "chu" in Chinese mean?
A. literally B. change C. Eve D. and
23. Which of the following countries doesn't celebrate the lunar New Year like China?
A. Mongolia B. Vietnam C. Nepal D. Malaysia
24. What does the word "significant" in the last paragraph mean?
A. big B. tiny C. rich D. clever
25. Which of the following sentences is NOT true?
A. Spring Festival is the most important holiday in China B. The Koreans celebrate the lunar New Year like the Chinese
C. The Chinese people living in other countries also celebrate the lunar New Year.
D. The Thais celebrate the true New Year like the Chinese.
IV. Rewrite each of the following sentences in such a way that it means exactly the same as the original sentence.
26. He can't apply for the job because he is old.
27. Cut your hair or they won't let you in
28. "I"ll kill your son if you don't give us money'' the kidnapper said The kidnapper ...
29. "If I had more money, I would buy some beautiful presents for you" she said She said ...
30. I can't join in your trip as I promised because I have to finish my report on books.
V. Complete the sentence with: everything/anybody/nobody/anyone/nothing 31. "Was there staying with you yesterday?" "No, I was alone"
32. There is to do today.
33. is ready for our trip, aren't they?
34. She was sitting alone in the room. She wasn't with . 35. I heard a bell but when I opened it there was . VI. Put the verbs in brackets into the correct form.
36 - 37. It is expensive to call across the ocean. However, if transoceanic telephone calls (be) cheap, I would call my family every day and (talk) for hours.
38. How old would human beings like to be if all diseases in the world (be) completely eradicated?
39 - 40. Hundeds of people became ill from eating contaminated meat during the last two weeks. If the government (respond) more quickly to the crisis, fewer people (suffer) food poisoning.
----The end ----
69 SỞ GD & ĐT BẮC GIANG
TRƯỜNG THPT LỤC NGẠN SỐ 4 ---
ĐỀ THI CHẤT LƯỢNG HỌC KÌ I MÔN TIẾNG ANH LỚP 11
Thời gian làm bài: 45 phút (không kể thời gian phát đề) I. Choose the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from those of the rest. (1point) 1. A. cheese B. chemical C. children D. teacher
2. A. twenty B. twinkle C. two D. twelve
3. A. bank B. hand C. sand D. band
4. A. helicopter B. hospital C. hour D. husband
5. A. write B. who C. whose D. watch
II. Choose the best answer (A, B, C or D) to complete each sentence. (2 points) 6. Many people go to pagodas to __________for good luck.
A. ask B. think C. pray D. celebrate
7. He apologized __________not being able to complete the poem.
A. for B. in C. on D. of
8. When the police arrived, the car __________.
A. goes B. have gone C. had gone D. is going 9. The police prevented us __________getting into the park.
A. on B. out of C. off D. from
10. If I had studied harder, I __________ in this exam.
A. won‟t fail B. wouldn‟t have failed C. would have failed D. would fail 11. Some scientists say that there are enough resources to __________8 billion people.
A. raise B. provide C. distribute D. support 12. The English Competition __________ by the Students‟ Parents Society.
A. was sponsored B. sponsored C. was sponsoring D. sponsors
13. Good friendship should be based on __________ understanding.
A. give and take B. unselfish C. loyal to D. mutual
III. Circle the underlined part that needs correcting. (2 points) 14. Her parents prevented her from get married to her teacher.
A B C D 15. By the time he is 25, he had written 200 books.
A B C D
16. “If I were you, I wouldn‟t bought that coat”, she said.
A B C D
17. I know you are too busy to stay, but I look forward to see you again.
A B C D IV. Read the following passage and then answer questions below: (3points)
In Vietnam, Tet-Trung-Thu or the Mid-Autumn Festival is one of the most popular family holidays. It is held on the 15th day of the 8th lunar month.
Vietnamese families plan their activities around their children on this special day. In Vietnamese folklore, parents were working so hard to prepare for the harvest day that they left the children playing by themselves. To make up for lost time, parents would use the Mid-Autumn Festival as an opportunity to show their love and appreciation for their children.
Appropriately, Mid-Autumn Festival is also called the Children‟s Festival. Trung-Thu activities are often centered around children and education. Parents buy lanterns for their children so that they can participate in a candlelight lantern possession at dawn. Lanterns represent brightness while all electric lights go out. Vietnamese markets sell a variety of lanterns, but the most popular children‟s lantern is the star lantern. Other children‟s activities include arts and crafts in which children make face masks and lanterns.
18. When is Tet-Trung-Thu held?
19. What do Vietnamese families do on this special day?
20. What is Mid-Autumn Festival also called?
21. What is the most popular kind of children‟s lantern?
IV. Rewrite the following sentences in such a way that doesn’t change its meaning. (2 points) 22. “Let‟s go to the beach tomorrow.”
He suggested ………
23. Mary didn't wear the raincoat, so she got a cold.
UNIT 9: THE POST OFFICE