REVIEW UNIT 7+ 8- ENGLISH 7 B. PRONUNCIATION:
I. Circle the word that has the underlined part pronounced differently from others. (1,0pt):
1. A. healthy B. ahead C. bread D. seatbelt 2. A. hey B. honey C. obey D. grey 3. A. played B. learned C. filled D. needed 4. A. naked B. cooked C. booked D. walked II. Find the word that doesn’t belong to the group. (1,0pt):
1. A. drive B. fly C. ride D. traffic jams 2. A. train B. plane C. boat D. fly
3. A. run B. walk C. swim D. traffic light 4. A. driver B. swim C. play D. ride
C. GRAMMAR AND VOCABULARY
I. Choose the best answer to complete the sentences. (2pts):
1. Traffic accidents can be prevented if people __________ the rules.
A. remember B. obey C. go after D. take care of 2. __________ is not very far from here to the supermarket.
A. There B. This C. It D. That
3. You should look right and left when you go __________ the road A. along B. up C. down D. across
4. __________ the story of the film was good, I didn’t like the acting.
A. Because B. Since C. As D. Although 5. I love the __________ of folk songs
A. perform B. performing C. performed D. performance 6. I first ___________ Melbourne in 2003
A. went B. have been C. have gone D. visited 7. It must be ___________ to see elephants racing.
A. amaze B. amazed C. amazing D. amazement 8. I went to see the film ___________ feeling really tired.
A. despite B. although C. though D. even though
Question II. Put the correct form of the verb in brackets. (1pt):
1. Nam usually (go) ………... to school by bike.
2. My father used to (go) ………. fishing when he was a child.
3. I (not/ used to) ……….. play games when I was a child.
4. How about (go) ……….……to the zoo on Sunday evening ? D. READING
Question I: Read the following text carefully and choose the correct answer A, B, C or D for each of the gap. (2pts):
When you are in Singapore, you can go about (1) ... taxi , by bus, or by underground. I myself prefer the underground (2) ... it is fast, easy and cheap. There are (3) ...
buses and taxis in Singapore and one cannot drive along the road (4) ... and without many stops, especially on the Monday morning. The underground is therefore usually quicker (5) ... taxis or buses. If you do not know Singapore very well, it is difficult (6) ... the bus you want. You can take a taxi , but it is (7) ... expensive than the underground or
a bus . On the underground, you find good maps that tell you the names of the stations and show you how ( 8) ……… to them, so that it is easy to find your way.
1. A. at B. in C. by 2. A. but B. because C. when 3. A. many B. a lot C. few 4. A. quick B. quickly C. quicker 5. A. so B. like C. than 6. A. to find B. find C. finding 7. A. less B. more C. most 8. to get B. get C. getting E. WRITING
I. Rewrite the sentences with the same meaning. (2,0pts):
1. The distance from Ha Noi to Hai Phong is about 100 km.
It is about………...
2. What is the distance between Hai Duong to Hue?
3. My father lived in small village when she was a girl.
My father ………..……….……..
4. Although he studied hard, he didn’t pass the exam.
5. Inspite of taking place in a remote area, a lot of people attended the festival.
I. Circle the word that has the underlined part pronounced differently from others (0,5pt):
1. A. played B. closed C. filled D. needed 2. A. frightened B. amazed Disappointed D. terrified II. Choose the word that has different main stress
3. a. birthday b. cowboy c. enjoy d. pleasure 4. a. disease b. humor c. cancer d. treatment 5. a. persuade b. reduce c. offer d. apply 6 . a. farmer b. farewell c. factory d. fairy 7. a. cattle b. country c. canal d. cover 8. a. money b. machine c. many d. mother B. VOCABULARY AND GRAMMAR.
I. Choose the best answer to complete the sentences (1,5ms):
1. Nam used to ________ morning exercise when he got up early.
A. did B. does C. doing D. do
2. Traffic accidents can be prevented if people __________ the rules.
A. remember B. obey C. go after D. take care of
3. You should look right and left when you go ________the road.
A. down B. across C. up D. along
4. The play was so boring. ________, Hoa saw it from beginning to end.
A. Therefore B. Despite C. However D. Although 5. She’s sure that they will find the film_________.
A. entertaining B. entertain C. entertainment D. entertained
6.____________ being frightened by the images, Lan still liked the film so much.
A. In spite B. Despite C. Although D. Nevertheless
II. Complete the sentences with the correct form of the adjectives in brackets (0,5m) 1. I had never expected to get the job. I was really (amaze)……….when I was offer it.
2. The football match was quite (excite)………...I enjoyed it.
I. Rewrite the sentences with the same meaning (2 points):
1. The distance from Ha Noi to Thanh Hoa City is about 100 kilometres.
It is about………...
2. Although Quang Hai footballer is so young, he plays football.
3. My father lived in small village when he was a child.
My father used ………..………..……..
4. I often walked to school when I was a student.
II. Write the complete the sentences (0,5 pt) 1. How long/ it/ take/ you/ go to school/ bike?
2. It/ 120 km/ Ho Chi Minh city/ Vung Tau?
D. READING (3ms)
I. Compete the passage bout Nick’s favorite actors, then answer the questions.
Talented performance decided actress character
I like a lot of different actors, but my real favorite are Daniel Craig and Halle Daniel is British and he is a really (1)…………..actor. He has been in a lot of different kinds of films including action adventure, science fiction, and romantic drama, but he always gives an excellent (2)
……….. He was brilliant in Tom Raider as Alex West, but my favorite film is Casino Royale. I think Daniel Craig is a fantastic James Bond.
Halle Berry is a American. She was a model. But then (3)………..to become an actress. I like her because she is beautiful. She is a good (4)……….. and I think she has a great sense of humor. I’m not keen on some of her films, such as Catwoman, but her other films are excellent. My favorite is X-Men which is a science fiction film. She plays the main character Storm, who has the ability to change the weather.
Daniel Craig and Halle Berry are both entertaining and talented actors. I love watching their films.
Nick, London, UK 1. What are Nick’s favorite actors?
2. What kinds of films has Daniel Craig played?
3. Why does Nick like Halle Berry?
4. What film does Halle Berry play the main character?